Thursday 4 January 2018

3mm Scale Southern region Q1

 This has been slowly worked on for the last I don't know how long. I know I bought it with a Tri-ang TT 0-6-0 Jinty mechanism which is now safely ensconced in a TT loco.
The chassis is etched nickel silver  frames with spacers for 12mm track- some I have a stock of from the 3MM Society shop.
The wheels are the latest Bulleid pattern from the 3MM Society and are know as square wheels because of the axles which have ends akin to Romfords but are simply glued on and are self quartering.
I made good use of Colin's chassis jig and the axles and connecting rods fitted first time- just need to cut the excess pin length off.
The loco body and tender are virtually as bought but will have a repaint with correct numbering.

No comments:

Post a Comment